Join Resort One Concierge on a custom trip to Italian Lakes & Venice on August 17, 2014
LIMITED TIME ONLY!
8 days / 7 nights only
$3559 per person
Roundtrip airfare as low as $807 per person
August 17, 2014
Day 1 - Arrive to Milan
Welcome to Milan! Relax and unwind after your journey. Escort from airport and heck into your hotel, The beautiful Westin Palace Milan. The rest of the day is free. Enjoy a welcome Cocktail Reception and Dinner.
Day 2 - Milan - Lake Como
Begin your day with a short breakfast meeting then board the bus for an orientation city tour of Milan and discover the legacy that Da Vinci and Michelangelo left behind. We will visit the Duomo, Italy's largest Gothic structure that took 500 years to complete. A fantastic cathedral. The building is adorned with 2245 marble statues, and has a capacity of 40,000! It is the second largest church in the world. We marvel at the largest stained glass windows in the world and enjoy the view of Milan from the roof. We stop by La Scala, the most famous opera house and the impressive Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, the world's first mall. Time for Lunch!
This afternoon, we go to the Santa Maria dele Grazie and see the world's most famous fresco, The Last Supper by Leonardo Da Vinci. We leave Milan and head to beautiful Lake Como. Check-in at The Villa Serbelloni.
Day 3 - Lake Como
Today we make a scenic drive along Lake Como. Inspiring everyone from Roman senators and great composers to Hollywood actors, Como is the romantic image of the lakes, its cobalt-blue water lined with magnificent mountains, lush gardens, and grand villas. We visit town of Bellagio located on the small peninsula in the center of Lake Como and enjoy a meal. It has been voted the most beautiful village in Europe. This enchanted spot has been favorite of European royalty for over a century.
Day 4 - Lake Como-Lake Maggiore
Depart today to explore Lake Maggiore. Set between Piedmont, Lombardy, and Switzerland, Lake Maggiore is a paradise of crystal waters, backed by towering mountains and surrounded by lush countryside. Take a boat trip to the Borromean Islands of Pescatori and Isola Bella, with time to visit the extravagant Borromeo Palace, built like a ship anchored just off the shoreline. Group Lunch.
Day 5- Lake Como - Lake Garda
Depart for Lake Garda. Sightseeing of the area and villas. Group Lunch then check in at the Palazzo Arzaga. Afternoon at Leisure.
Day 6 - Lake Garda - Venice
This morning we will be leaving Lake region and head toward Venice. We stop at the romantic medieval city of Verona and stroll the historic streets that were the setting for Shakespeare's epic love story, Romeo and Juliet. Enjoy a final group lunch then on to Venice.
Arrive Venice and check in to the Westin Europa.
Take an afternoon orientation walk around Venice. We go to the Piazza San Marco, where we take the elevator up the 300 foot Campinella de San Marc bell tower and get a bird's eye view of the island. On a clear day you can see all the way to the Alps.
Next we visit the Basilica di San Marco, an opulent church of Byzantine and Romanesque styles. The church contains some of the best mosaics in the world and a wide collection of treasures that were purchased and looted from other eastern cities during the middle ages.
Why not take a romantic stroll through the narrow streets near your hotel before retiring for the evening.
Day 7- Venice
This morning we start at the Piazza San Marco the heart of Venice and enjoy the rich architecture that surrounds it. We visit the Doges Palace, an extravagant Gothic Renaissance palace that symbolizes the glory days of Venice. Inside we enjoy the ornately decorated walls and ceilings covered by works of great artists including the world's largest oil painting, the 23x75 foot Paradise by Jacopo Tintoretto. We see the prison where Casanova was held before his daring escape. The remainder of the afternoon your free to self discover Venice. Then a Farewell Dinner!
Day 8 - Venice - depart home
Transfers from the hotel to the airport
- Private airport-hotel transfer in Milan with assistant
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Milan 5* Westin Milan Palace
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Lake Como 5* Villa Serbelloni
- 1 nights hotel accommodation in Lake Garda 5* Palazzo Arzaga
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Venice 5* or Westin Europa & Regina
- Daily breakfast at the hotels
- Welcome Cocktail Reception
- Welcome Dinner
- Farewell Dinner
- 5 Mid-day meals (lunch)
- Professional Tour Manager throughout
- Deluxe A/C motor coach as per itinerary
- Sightseeing tour in Milan
- Private English Speaking guide in Milan including Duomo and Last Supper entrance fee
- Motor coach transfer from Milan to Lake Como
- Sightseeing in Lake Como
- Private English Speaking guide in Como + Villa Carlotta entrance fee
- Public Boat on Lake Como
- Sightseeing in Lake Maggiore area including boat trip to the Borromean Islands of Pescatori and Isola Bella, and visit Borromeo Palace
- Motor coach transfer from Lake Como to Lake Garda
- Sightseeing in Lake Garda area including villas
- Private English Speaking guide in Lake Garda Area
- Motor coach transfer from Lake Garda to Venice with stop in Verona for sightseeing
- Private English Speaking guide in Verona
- Meet and Greet transfer in Venice from Tronchetto to the Hotel in Venice
- Private English Speaking guide in Venice + S. Marco entrance fee
- Private English Speaking guide in Venice + Doge's Palace entrance fee
- Transfer from Venice hotel to the airport
- Luggage handling - 1 bag per person
- City tax for hotel stay
- Headphones for guided tours
- Gratuities to the tour manager, bus driver, local guides
CALL 844-4MEMBERS (844-463-6237)
--- end ---